Our philosophy

NHA believes all teachers are teachers of EL students and we are committed to ensuring that EL students have access to high-quality education and instruction. We believe that student learning is first and foremost an adult responsibilty. If a student has not mastered the material we have taught them, then we must adjust our instructional strategies.



Sunday, May 12, 2013

Dancing!


I attended the MABE conference in Dearborn, MI this past week. I found a lot of useful tools and can't wait to pass them along. But this jewel from YouTube, highlighted by keynote speaker Rushton Hurley made me smile so much I needed to pass it along!

What a great sample of world cultures and the simple ways we can connect across continents. Take a look at his site www.NextVista.org, it's full of great videos and inspiration. Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. Laura, so glad that you had a great time at MABE. I've gone a few times in past years and have come away with great information and resources too. It's refreshing and renewing to spend time with others who do/believe the same.
    -Pam
    PS - I think I'm going to apply to present on Academic Vocabulary at MABE next year.

    ReplyDelete