Our philosophy

NHA believes all teachers are teachers of EL students and we are committed to ensuring that EL students have access to high-quality education and instruction. We believe that student learning is first and foremost an adult responsibilty. If a student has not mastered the material we have taught them, then we must adjust our instructional strategies.



Monday, February 11, 2013

Craft-tacular

Whenever a holiday rolls around (whether it be Valentines or St.Patty's) I can be found reaching for the construction paper and glue. I love crafts. Tearing apart orange paper and gluing it together to make a knarly pumpkin for my bulletin board was always something to look forward to for me. How about you? From my experienc eyou either love it or it makes you wince :)

Nevertheless, I encourage you to whip out the scissors and glue sticks and peruse the fantastic site Pinterest (www.pinterest.com) for some inspiration. Not only is it engaging for students it falls under the "experiential learning" which we all could do more of.

Are you still lacking motivation?! If your class/small group crafts something for me (and sends it to the Service Center) I will return the favor by writing letters to your kiddos (basically allowing me ot get in on the fun too, even if it is from an office desk :))

No comments:

Post a Comment